Fitness and HealthPage last updated: 2018-03-01 12:45:30
Walking and Hiking Club - Last year, a small group started hiking local nature preserves on every other Tuesday morning. In 2018, we are trying to build the group and add more hikes, weather permitting. Please join us on April 24th at 9:30am at Deer Grove (East) Forest Preserve to kick off the season. This free group program gets you great exercise, fresh air, and will introduce you to new friends, all while exploring the beautiful environments that are right in your backyard. We will also coordinate with monthly LL Bean sponsored day-hike groups out of S. Barrington and Skokie. Attending 4 or more hikes will earn you a discount on the Morton Arboretum day trip in September! Call or stop by the PTSCC main office or contact Glenn directly at 847.991.1112 ext.243 / e: email@example.com for more information or to sign up. Most local hikes are 2-3 miles and 45-75 minutes.
- Register for the 2018 season by March 20, 2018 in the Main Office.
- First meeting of the season will be Friday, April 6 at 9 a.m. at PTSCC
- This is a fantastic activity to increase flexibility and breathing.
- First Class if FREE.
- When: Mondays & Thursdays
- Time: 9 a.m. (a 45 minute class)
- Cost: $2 Members / $3 for Non-members
- Call for details 847-991-1112.
- Join PTSCC as a member and enjoy use of the fitness room, which includes treadmill, exercise bicycles, step machine, life cycle, and free weights.
- When: Monday-Friday, 8:30 a.m.- 4:30 p.m.
Line Dancing - Intermediate thru Advanced
- Join us for an Intermediate thru Advanced line dancing class!
- Class size is limited to 15 maximum
- Please call to reseve a spot at 847-991-1112
- Intermediate thru Advanced: Mondays, 10:45 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
- Cost: $4 per person, per lesson
Sit & Be Fit
- This is a wonderful 30 minute set of exercises, sitting and standing, to keep you moving
- First Class is FREE.
- When: Mondays & Thursdays, 10:00 - 10:30 a.m.
- Cost: $3 Members / $4 Non-Members per class
- This class focuses on balance and smooth movements to strengthen your core.
- First Class is FREE.
- When: Thursdays, 3-4 p.m.
- Cost: $5 Members / $6 Non-Members per class
Take Off Pounds Sensibly (or T.O.P.S.)
- T.O.P.S. is a weight-loss support group. If you need encouragement while dropping a few pounds, this group is for you. Stop in and find out what this organization is about. (minimal fee applies after first meeting.)
- When: Wednesdays, 9:30 a.m.
- Cost: Minimal Annual Fee
- Session will include handouts, Q & A time, and more.