RecreationPage last updated: 2017-06-29 12:49:17
Adult Coloring Group
- When: Monday-Thursday, 10:30 - 11:30 a.m
- Start coloring in any coloring book, and after five visits, the book is yours. Limited books still available. Pencils provided. Register in the Main Office.
- Tuesday, July 18, 9:30 a.m.
Join us for this program of fellowship & sharing. Our next book “Light Between Oceans” by M.L. Stedman. Sign up in the Main Office (limited spaces left). .
If you miss out on that book, join us for the next book, “The Art Forger” by B.A. Shapiro. We will start this book in July
Fitness and Health
- When: Mondays and Thursdays, 9 - 9:45 a.m.
- Cost: $2 for Members/$3 for Non-Members per class. First class is free!
- Join PTSCC as a member and enjoy use of the fitness room, which includes treadmill, exercise bicycles, step machine, life cycle, and free weights.
- When: Monday-Friday, 8:30am-4:30pm
- Get some exercise in the great outdoors while having fun! Pick up registration forms at the PTSCC Main office.
- When: Season is April-August
- Contact Facilities Coordinator Glenn Zera for more information at email@example.com or 847-991-1112, ext. 243.
- Join us for a line dancing class!
- Please call to reserve a spot at 847-991-1112
- Class sizes are limited to 15 maximum
- When: Mondays, 10:45am-12:30pm - Intermediate thru Advanced
- Cost: $4 per class First class is free!
Sit & Be Fit
- Get your blood circulating and stretch your muscles! This is a wonderful 30 minute set of exercises, sitting & standing, to keep you moving.
- When: Mondays & Thursdays, 10am-10:30am
- Cost: $3 Members / $4 Non-Members per class. First class is free!
- Join us for this unique movement class. This class focuses on balance & smooth movements to strengthen your core.
- Please call to reserve a spot at 847-991-1112
- When: Thursdays, 3pm-4pm
- Cost: $5 Members / $6 Non-Members per class. First class is free!
Take Off Pounds Sensibly (or T.O.P.S.)
- T.O.P.S. is a weight-loss support group. If you need encouragement while dropping a few pounds, this group is for you. Stop in and find out what this organization is about. (minimal fee applies after first meeting.)
- When: Wednesdays, 9:30am
- Cost: Minimal Annual Fee
Walking & Hiking Club
- When: Tentative dates: Tuesday mornings July 11, 25 & August 1, 8 & 22
- Contact Glenn at 847.991.1112 x243, firstname.lastname@example.org, or sign up in the Main Office. The Club has already hiked Bakers Lake & Deer Grove East. Join us for more adventures this summer!
Our goal is to start with a few hikes at area forest preserves that are 1.5-2.5 miles in length. Then do a day trip to Morton Arboretum Wed., Aug. 30th, and wrap up 2017 with a day hike at Starved Rock in the fall. See trip pages for the details & cost of the Arboretum trip. Club members receive a discounted price for special trips. Remember to dress for the weather & bring water.
New Day Ceramics
- Receive a free piece of Bisque pottery to paint & fire at the first class. Join us for a morning of creativity & fellowship.
- When: Thursdays, 9am–11am
- Cost: $4 per class
- Please call to register at 847-991-1112
- The Porcelain by Design group
- When: 3rd Friday of each month
- If you are interested in joining, call Sally at 847-358-3641 for more details.
Quilting, Sewing & Knitting Group
- Drop in and share some time with people who share your passion for any of these skills listed. This is a wonderful time to relax and have a space to work on your special projects. The quilting group is starting machine quilting. Join this group for fellowship, sewing, knitting & more.
- When: Wednesdays, 12:30pm–2:30pm
- Join us on Thursdays from 10:45am-11:30am. Then stay and enjoy lunch at Our Place Café. The bowling is free, the lunch is only a $3.50 suggested donation.
- Please register at the Main Office for the bowling and at the cafe window for lunch a week in advance.
- Come to the center to play with friends and meet new players. Don’t forget to sign the log-in form before leaving!
- When: Monday-Friday, 8:30am-4:45pm
- Spend the afternoon trying your luck! Volunteer callers and collectors are always needed.
- When: Thursdays, 12:30pm–3pm
- Experienced players will enjoy this opportunity to expand and add to their knowledge of their bridge game. The group is eager to accept new members. Partners are not necessary.
- When: Tuesdays, 12:00pm-3:00pm
- Thursdays, 11am
Hearts Card Group
- Learn a fun new card game by joining the hearts group.
- When: Wednesdays, 9am-12pm
- When: Mondays & Wednesdays, 12:30pm-4:30pm
- When: Mondays, 12:30pm–4:30pm & Fridays, 12:30pm-4:30pm
- Come spend the afternoon with this small group of players for action-packed rounds of royal flushes and full houses!
- When: Mondays, Wednesdays & Fridays, 11:30am
Traveling Luncheon Group
- This group visits a different restaurant the third Friday of every month. New members always welcome!
- Fri., July 21, Absolutely Chinese, 2140 Plum Grove Rd., R. M., IL
- Fri., Aug. 18, Lucky Monk, 105 Hollywood Blvd., S. Barrington, IL
- Fri., Sept. 15, Briana’s, 154 W. Northwest Hwy., Palatine, IL
- Fri., Oct. 20, Aurelio’s, 2944 W. Euclid Ave., Arlington Hts., IL
- Call 847-991-1112 for information and to register or sign up in our office.
- You purchase lunch on your own; PTSCC simply makes the reservation for the group.
- When: varies, call for more information