Social Services DepartmentPage last updated: 2017-02-07 09:41:20
Please contact the Social Services Department of PTSCC (847-991-1112) for an appointment (appointments after hours are available upon request) or help with the following services and/or referrals to other local providers:
Aging and Disability Resource Network
Services available for adults aged 60 and over, and adults with disabilities ages 18-59. Services available in English, Spanish, Russian and Polish.
Information and Assistance: Our trained Social Services staff will provide you with information on current opportunities and services and referrals to other agencies/services as needed.
Options Counseling: Get help with your long-term support choices.
Senior Health Assistance Program: Get information and assistance and counseling concerning Medicare benefits and prescription drug coverage.
Adult Day Services - Caring Hearts Program
- A program for those with mild to moderate memory loss that gives those caring for them a break during the day.
- Offered four days per week, from 11am to 3pm, this program offers exercise, socialization, and lunch.
- Participants must be able to feed and toilet themselves.
- Space limited to 10 participants.
Medicare / Supplemental Insurance Assistance
Medicare Part D Open Enrollment is coming, October 15 - December 7, 2016! Call 847-991-1112 for an appointment
This is an important time of year to look at your Medicare Prescription Drug Plan. You can change your plan during Open Enrollment and should compare
plans each year since they often change their costs and formulary coverage. Our Social Services staff can assist you through this process by entering your medications into the Medicare.gov Plan Finder system. It will tell us which plan will be most cost-effective based on your specific medications. We have been able to help people save hundreds of dollars by switching plans!
Call to schedule an appointment. When you come in you will need to bring your Medicare card as well as a list of current medications, their dosages & the frequency you take them so we can accurately predict your costs in 2017.
Call 847.991.1112 for an appointment! OR Sign up today for our Medicare Part D Open Enrollment Events
Be sure to reserve a one-hour appointment during the upcoming Open Enrollment Events on Wednesday, December 7th. One of our trained SHIP counselors will be happy to guide you through the shopping process to identify the best prescription drug plan for your needs.
Benefits Eligibility Screening
- Our social services staff can give one-on-one assistance to help you find out what benefits you may be eligible to receive.
- Staff is then available to assist you in completing and following up on applications for these benefits.
- Another resource is the on-line benefits checkup.
- Bereavement, individual and family
Information and Referral Resources
- PTSCC works with other agencies to coordinate services and benefits to meet the individual older adult’s needs.
- PTSCC has Spanish and Russian bi-lingual and bi-cultural staff available as well as activities.
- Free transportation provided by volunteers to medical and/or dental appointments.
Friendly Visitor Program
- For homebound older adults to alleviate loneliness.
Senior Health Insurance Program (SHIP)
- Medicare/supplemental insurance assistance trained counselors provide help sorting through the red tape associated with Medicare and other health insurances.
- Volunteers provide weekly or bi-weekly shopping for homebound older adults.
Yard Work / Home Repair
- In conjunction with projects such as rebuilding together and the paint-a-thon
Caregiver Support Group
- We now have a monthly support group for the caregivers of our Caring Hearts Adult Day Center participants at Palatine Township Senior Center.
- Groups meet the 2nd Thursday of each month from 11:00am-12:00pm.