Page last updated: 2016-03-28 14:18:26
Trips Pilot Program - Inter-Township Medical Transportation
- A pilot program funded by the Illinois Department of Transportation, trips, has begun.
- Trips is a door-to-door medical transportation program that crosses township boundaries for seniors and persons with disabilities who live in Palatine, Wheeling, Elk Grove, Hanover or Schaumburg Townships.
- The fare is $5 per township boundary crossed, with a maximum of $15.
- Registration is necessary - call Palatine Township transportation at (847) 358-6907
Transportation: Lift-Equipped Dial-A-Ride Services
- Palatine Township operates a minibus door-to-door service for seniors and permanently handicapped individuals living within the township boundaries.
- In addition, the minibus goes to Arlington Heights on Tuesdays for medical appointments.
- The service operates 8:00am - 4:00pm, Monday - Friday.
- First-time riders need to go to the township office to fill out a registration application.
- Call the township office at 847-358-6907 for further information.
- To reserve your seat on the bus you must give a minimum of three days notice.
Taxi Cab Vouchers (Increased Discount!)
- Palatine Township has taxi cab vouchers for seniors that are now worth $3.00 off the metered fare.
- Anyone needing them can stop at the township front office to fill out an application.
- Three cab companies will now accept vouchers.
- American Taxi (847) 991-2320
- 303 Cab (847) 952-0707
- Abc Cab (847) 991-7500